What's planned for 2017
At the start of each year, the committee meet together to discuss the clubs short and long term objectives as well as setting goals to help achieve those objectives over the next 12 months.
This year the clubs objectives are:
- To obtain a viable quote and contractor for the installation of LED floodlights on Court 1 at Braithwaite as well as begin fund raising
- To introduce and use the club website as the primary club communication and management tool
- To increase club social activities and awareness of events and matches
- To increase public awareness of the club and tennis in the area
- To grow and diversify the club's income streams to meet self sustainability targets
In order to achieve these goals, this year we plan on meeting the following targets!
- Include a social evening after the AGM
- Host a fund raising summer event (ideas welcome)
- Organise the summer BBQ and Christmas Dinner again
- Publish weekly match reports both online and in the Keswick Reminder
- Host at least 1 'open court' weekend where we will open the courts to the general public to come and down and play without charge. (Likely to be sometime during Wimbledon week)
- Host at least 1 internal club social competition
- Host at least 1 club competition with other clubs invited
- Organise a 5 week tennis coaching program for adults over 30
- Host soft tennis as an alternitve club activity
If you are keen to be involved and help organise any of the above, please do contact the club or let a committee member know as any help is extremely welcome!